Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Off the Rails

One thing I've noticed is that when I go off the rails and don't eat well or stop working out, it's never because I wanted food. It's because I felt bad about myself and food was my escape. The stress might bring me to thinking those thoughts, but it's those thoughts that are the problem.

The thing that draws me to this (probably obvious to many) conclusion is a thought I've often had while positive. "If you're going to go crazy on food, might as well keep lifting weights and gain muscle." But this NEVER happens. Never. When I start to go off the rails with food, the gym goes out the door too. Which made me realise (again, obvious) it's not about the food.

I mean, I've made this connection before, but yeah, I was mulling that thought over today.

Post a Comment