Friday, August 26, 2016

Brushing Some Dust Off

Wow.

Hi folks.

It's me here. Well, not the me that used to be here, but a different me. A me that's been thinking about the past, who I was, who I am now, and who I will be.

I've come to a realisation that all of this, what The Fat Lazy Guy's Log was, is important. It may not be important to anyone else, but it's important to who I am today.

With that realisation came a desire to find my old posts and put them back up. My search (roughly 4 weeks of it) turned up nothing. I have one last ditch effort, but my hopes are slim. So, at the very least to put some part of this history to rights, I have gone through the Way Back machine and found some of my posts that remain on there, and copy and pasted them into here.

The permalinks are messed up, but I've adjusted the schedule on them to show when they were originally posted.

I reached my goal weight 6 years ago. Since that time, I have not returned to it. I've been up, I've been down, I've been maybe 10kgs (22lbs) away from it, and then everything turned to shit.

My mum was diagnosed with cancer. She passed away in October last year. This year my dad who I never had much of a relationship died also.

I'm not, so much, returning here as the person I was, or the persona of The Fat Lazy Guy, doesn't fit me anymore. While I still share his struggles, and vulnerabilities, I'm not The Fat Lazy Guy. I'm me.

That's not to say I won't post here more often if I feel the pull. Part of the pull, apart from maintaining the history of this place, is that I'm trying to focus once again on weight loss and health. And because I have reached my goal in the past, I am finding I'm inspired by my previous achievement.

But also, for those who come by here and wonder what happened? Life happened. Insecurities happened. Old coping mechanisms happened. Grief happened. Hope happened.

Catch you on the flippity-dip.

Post a Comment